Conditions for Zero

Noticed today at 10:30:49 CL, USO, B, DBO, UCO, USOI and XXE, all went to zero.

What is the ‘rule’ for TS to send a read out to zero, just trying to get a better understanding?

For CL correlation / conformation those are the one’s I have, anybody have changes?

Opps, Correction XXE is suppose to be XLE, apologies for the error, total of 7 counting CL.

Also just watched the video and all except two symbols stayed ‘zero’ for over 3 minutes.

Aamar what makes TS go to zero instead of retaining last reading?

Noticed same thing today on Cl all symbols went to zero at 9:54:26, at 10:06:28 first reading of +10 on CL, then at 10:08:09 all together! That’s over 14 minutes!

Just would like to understand what condition triggers TS to go to zero.

Hi @Linden

We took a few days to investigate this, the only way our developers could replicate this is if TickStrike lost connection likely due to WIFI going down or some other connection based region.

Let me know times in ET if this happens again we’ll continue to observe

Thanks

Aamar

Hello, just now Oct 26 just after the 10:00 ET news, all windows went to zero, ping went to 555ms.

1 Like

Just replayed video, at 10:00:43 AM the first blink of the sub windows going to zero.

1 Like

Spent a bit of time looking at this, the increase in ping tells us that it was a connection issue, rather than a performance or algo issue.

I am also having this ‘0’ problem. As I have a lot of meters open I can see it resetting all the meters to zero and it stays zero until it lights up again. See pictures below.

This is as it goes to zero.

As they start to repopulate.

It does happen to me regularly. Aamar, you think it is a connection issue?

Hi @NeilH @Linden this is definitely a connection issue

The software pings our servers every x seconds to check if the connection is live and if not it will refresh/reset the meters .

If it does not get a response fast enough (for a variety of potential reasons, WIFI, internet issues, etc) that’s when you see the 0 reset.

We started looking at this after @Linden mentioned it and released an update today that will hopefully deal better with this.

Thank you as always for your useful feedback gents

We’re getting 1% better everyday :slight_smile:

Sounds good, just for the record the ping time to TS servers (I assume in Chicago) @62ms same on two different computers.
Ping to broker on East coast (I’m on west coast) averages 89 ms.

1 Like

Thanks Aamar, that seems to have fixed the problem.

1 Like

Yes thanks Aamar no zero’s today!

1 Like

@Linden @NeilH I think we have a win :slight_smile:

Maybe a clue or what not to do???

Sorry to say today at @ 10:15 ET all my pop out windows went to zero!

All pop outs were set to 10, being RTY was sideways was adjusting just the two, RTY and GC, pop outs to 3 thru the main (1.0.0.60) master window, minimized that window and pop outs on all markets went to zero.

Perhaps a clue or what not to do.

1 Like

Keep me posted as this happens for you