New Person With Questions

Need help in understanding TickStrike.

Can someone explain the use of sensitivity?
What is the number in the upper right corner of each box?
Is there a connection between the upper right number and the sensitivity level?
If possible, can someone give examples of entering/exiting trades using TickStrike?

Hi Anthony

video here explains a bit Meter Settings - YouTube

1. Can someone explain the use of sensitivity? : 1-3 is highly sensitive and suitable for scalping and relatively short term trading. The higher up you go the more ‘action’ is required for activation. We have the default at 6.

2. The number is the relative orderflow strength at the time, the keyword being relative.

3. YES - if you set your sensitivity to 6, you will only see an alert of 6 and above.

4. There are many ways to use tickstrike.

a) After Spike - After a major or surprise news release trade the after spike momentum using Tickstrike for whatever instrument you’re using.
b) Correlation Momentum trades - If trading NQ or ES, have the meters for the largest underlying stocks up AAPL, MSFT, GOOG, FB and look for these to ‘line up’.

TickStrike is not a trading system in and of itself, it’s a tool to enhance your trading with simplified market information.

2 Likes

Higher sensitivity is suitable for scalping and relatively short term trading. How short term would it be (in terms of ticks)?

With lower sensitivity levels, does this mean a stronger trend and the ability to hold a trade longer?

Can you explain and give examples for the use of lower sensitivity levels (7 to 15)?

More of the training here seems to deal with entering trades. What are the TS signs for exiting trades?

It would be very helpful to see more examples of the following:
Correlation, Momentum, Breakouts, Confirmation, Capitulation, Trade Management, Divergence, After Spike News Trading

Overall, in terms of Correlation, should everything be set to the same sensitivity level?

For example, should the stocks MSFT-AAPL-GOOG match the same sensitivity level as NQ-ES-YM or be at a different level? What are the recommended sensitivity settings for this type of Correlation?

personally, i used a minimum of 3 across the all, but there will be variance in how other people do things.

I use the same setting for all, but I do know people who vary things, but that’s a good starting point and adapt from there.

Aamar

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try that setting to see how it works.

My previous questions were not answered, so I’ll repost them:

Higher sensitivity is suitable for scalping and relatively short term trading. How short term would it be (in terms of ticks)?

With lower sensitivity levels, does this mean a stronger trend and the ability to hold a trade longer?

Can you explain and give examples for the use of lower sensitivity levels (7 to 15)?

More of the training here seems to deal with entering trades. What are the TS signs for exiting trades?

It would be very helpful to see more examples of the following:
Correlation, Momentum, Breakouts, Confirmation, Capitulation, Trade Management, Divergence, After Spike News Trading

1 Like

If higher sensitivity is used for scalping and short term trading, how would one use lower sensitivity?

What TS signals should we watch to help decide to enter and exit trades?

1 Like

One of the best

10-12 tick scalps on NQ as an example.

You’re seeing the relative strength of the flows, generally higher numbers indicate greater levels of strength behind a move, but this is not absolute, you can get higher numbers when the market is slower too, as the algo looks at the relative environment.

The way in which the tool is used across the sensitivities is relatively the same, momentum, breakouts etc, the difference is how reactive the tool is to low level activity. anything sub 6 is pretty reactive.

Capitulation - When you see TickStrike at extremes for extended periods.

Correlation - If you’re seeing multiple correlated markets going against you.

*If higher sensitivity is used for scalping and short term trading, how would one use lower sensitivity? *

You’re looking for similar things but… just slightly higher timeframes.

What TS signals should we watch to help decide to enter and exit trades?

TickStrike can be used for entries and exits, personally I’m a big fan of seeing alerts on correlated instruments. However TickStrike was designed as a tool to help confirm and manage trades alongside a strategy and entry mechanism.