TickStrike Lag Time?

Sometimes, it seems the TickStrike signals occur after the market has already moved.

Is there a lag time with TickStrike?
If so, how do we enter and exit trades with that lag?
Is there a sensitivity setting to reduce the lag time?

Check and see what your ping looks like.

What are the acceptable Ping levels?

Mine is 23 on a 630mbs fiber.
Google: Ping amounts of 100 ms and below are average for most broadband connections. In gaming, any amounts below a ping of 20 ms are considered exceptional and “low ping,” amounts between 50 ms and 100 ms range from very good to average, while a ping of 150 ms or more is less desirable and deemed “high ping.”Jan 29, 2020

My Pings average between 40 and 45. Is this good or bad, in terms of lag time?

I want to focus on answers to my original post.

(I don’t want to get wrapped up on pings as the sole response to my questions.)

Is there a lag time with TickStrike?

There is a lag time for pretty much all software, especially ones fetching data from a server. So yes… again the degree to which that is a problem is dependant on ping.

If so, how do we enter and exit trades with that lag?
All depends on how you are using TS. This might be why you are seeing what you might think is ‘lag’… the flow has to trigger, enough so that it meets the algo’s criteria for a tick, then it ticks. This means you are necessarily hearing an audio form of what has traded in the immediate past. It is not some sort of voodoo order flow predictor.

I use it as a tool to gauge correlations as well as add conviction to a trade but not as a sole execution trigger.

Is there a sensitivity setting to reduce the lag time?
Well if you have it on high sensitivity then it will require less flow (which implies in most cases the accumulation of time) to trigger a tick. Therefore, yes a high sensitivity may have less ‘lag’.

All that being said this product is in Alpha and there are times a product might black out for a moment and the back end is constantly being tweaked to be more efficient etc. So there very well may be bottlenecks. Best advice I can give is to use the tool as it presents itself and if it is not your cup of tea no problem.

When My tick goes off, if the price is affected they are exactly simultaneous. Sometimes I can beat the move by a ms, or be right on top of it when I hit the mouse at the same time. But I have seen many rapid movements without a tick .

Hey @Anthony

The default sensitivity is 6, so all the criteria for level 6 need to be hit for it to sound. If you have it at 1 it will be a lot more reactive.

There is no lag time TickStrike is real-time